Monday, October 14, 2013

Yeah, yeah, I know I said I would actually post on this thing.


Yeah, yeah, I know I said I would actually post on this thing.


Why I haven't written more


I have been really busy. Since promising to actually write more back in July I haven't had any significant time to sit down and write. The week after that post I started working 48 hours a week until the school year started. Then I moved from the place where I was house sitting to a wonderful basement apartment in a decrepit old house. Actually, it was a hell-hole until my wonderful parents showed up and did some redecorating and remodeling. Then after the move I started my full time course of study at TEDS/TGS while still working full time at C2 Education, the tutoring center I started working at this summer. So, I have not had many opportunities to maintain this blog, and when I have had the chance I decided to seek a more immediate pleasure than sitting down and writing more. So, this little post is to simply placate those who have given me those who have given me crap for not writing more (Chi Won, Frances, Alex, etc).

A Week in the Life

The following is a typical week's schedule.

M,W,R,F

9 AM - Wake Up
9:07 AM - Crawl out of bed and turn on the coffee maker while wondering who I am and what I am doing in my life.
9:45 AM - Head to Trinity's library while the caffeine I just ingested makes my life look less bleak. As hard as I have tried these last 21 years I am still not a morning person, so I am sure for the first few hours of my day I could be easily diagnosed as clinically depressed.
10:00 AM - Do school work in Rolfing Memorial Library. Trinity's library is to Buswell as Buswell is to an elementary school's library. I overheard someone say the other day, "Actually I am doing my MA at Wheaton Graduate School, but the library down there sucks so I drive up here to do my research."
2:00 PM - Head back to my apartment, get ready for work, and eat lunch. Sometimes the eating lunch part doesn't happen for one reason or another.
3:00 PM - Commute from Deerfield to Schaumburg for work. This is easily the worst part of the day. Also, I am convinced that I am going to be killed by a middle-aged person who is texting while driving their luxury SUV.
3:45 PM - Begin tutoring.
9:25 PM - Finish tutoring and head to Beth's house.
9:45 PM - Have dinner and hang out with Beth.
11:00 PM - Head back to my apartment.
11:30 PM - Take a shower and get ready for bed.
12:00 AM - Do a little more homework.
1:00 AM - Go to sleep.

Tuesday

Same as above only I wake up at 6:45 AM and I am in class until 5:00 PM and I work from 5:40 - 9:25 PM.

Saturday

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Work

Sunday

10:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Attend church at Church of the Redeemer in Highland Park. I thought by going there instead of Church of the Resurrection I would be getting away from the Wheaton College church scene. I was wrong. The rector is a Wheaton grad and his wife teaches in Wheaton's intercultural studies program; Dr. Kalantzis attends from time to time; and there a number of other Wheaton grads both recent and old.
12:00 PM - About go into cardiac arrest as I watch the Bengals.
2:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Live it up at Rolfing

So, I have been busy, but it has been good. A little trying, but good nonetheless.

Last Things

I have decided not to update the look of this blog. It is a monument to internet crappiness. Alex seems to appreciate how terrible it looks so I will leave it as is. Also, I have been learning HTML from Codecademy and I have typed this using Blogger's html option. I will not preview this post before publishing as part of my decision not to edit these posts. So, hopefully it all looks good when I hit publish.

Two of my classes wrap up at the end of October, so I'll be free to write more after that. I'll follow through in a more prompt manner this time. Srsly.

1 comment: